Comprehensive fundraising partner with ongoing grant success
Cherry Health is the largest federally qualified health center in Michigan, providing critical health care services to the uninsured and other vulnerable populations.
Kennari Consulting has been a full fundraising partner for Cherry Health since 2015 – helping to complete multiple capital campaigns, creating and implementing a comprehensive annual giving plan, assisting with the creation of a 501(c)3 Support Foundation, and writing the organization and foundation’s grant proposals – totaling over $14 million dollars in secured grant funding.
A few highlights of grant funds Kennari Consulting partnered to secure:
- $1,192,500 from SAMHSA for Medication Assisted Treatment expansion. This program includes the use of medication with counseling and behavioral therapies to treat substance use disorders and prevent opioid overdoses (2018).
- $450,000 over three years of federal funding from the Administration for Community Living to support the Legal Assistance Enhancement program (2019).
- $320,000 from Spectrum Health Healthier Communities to provide vision and dental services (2020).
- $1,000,000 from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation for “COVID-19, Vaccine Administration, and Equity: Cherry Health’s Comprehensive Community Response.” (2021)
- $2,000,000 from HRSA (federal) for Optimizing Virtual Care – to integrate a series of digital tools, enhancements, and platforms to enhance Cherry Health’s continuum of care.
“Kennari’s expertise is varied. As we evolve and grow, their counsel and market knowledge have been invaluable.” – Anna Goddard Clifford, Foundation Director, Cherry Health